- Max Group: 9 people
- Duration: 4 hours and 30 minutes
- Starting Time: 4:30 pm
- Starting Point: Plaza de España at "Café Ses Estacions" (Palma de Mallorca)
- Payment Method: Major credit cards are accepted
- Collect and learn about the local plants of Mallorca (on the mountains and on the patios of our village)
- Discover how to make the Hierbas liquor with the local plants collected
- Enjoy a local snack on our Mallorca patio at home (Yard)
- Bring back home your Hierbas (if you have a hand luggage and you travel by plane, let us know. We will give you a 100ml bottle)
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- All the material to make the Hierbas
- Spanish snack
- Hand-made Hierbas liquor bottle
- Hierbas recipe book
In Mallorca, we love to drink the Hierbas liquor, after a meal or with friends. This is part of our culture and we invite you to experience it from the inside. We invite you to use your hands to create your personal bottle of Hierbas to bring back home as a souvenir.
This typical liquor is made from Anise and wild herbs of Mallorca. That’s why we call it Hierbas (which means Herbs).
In a world where we buy everything at the supermarket and we don’t know the origins of our products, we propose to you a unique local handmade Hierbas workshop. We invite you to discover and to make your homemade Hierbas bottle, to experience our local culture from the inside.
The tour starts in front of Palma bus station. From there we reach our lovely home village, Esporles. The first step is to find the plants we need, which will include: garden plants and wild herbs. On the hills around the village there are many wild herbs and in our patios there are garden plants. Once we collect all the herbs we need, we will select the flavors we want in our Hierbas bottle (nothing is wrong, it is all personal).
After the workshop, there will be a snack break to taste local food such as: sobrasada, cheese, quelis bread, olives trencades, one bottle of local wine and soft drinks such as the local orange juice. Eating well here, in Mallorca, is very important and we can’t avoid it.
About the liquor
Hierbas is a strong alcohol drink, but we will not drink it during the activity (you need to wait at least 3 months before it will be ready). Once at home, drink alcohol responsibly. If it rains, we will make the Hierbas inside the house and we will skip the walk on the hills.
Children are more than welcome. We will provide soft drinks for them. Hopefully there will be other children on the tour, so they can have more fun playing together in the patio.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children, between the ages of 6 and 11, are welcome on this tour at the rate listed above. Children under the age of 6 can join us free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child and we will make their stay more comfortable.